Thursday, January 1, 2009

Time For Drain/Refill

Every 2 weeks or so ..more like once a month...I try to do a complete draining of the reservoir and refill with New Distilled water and fresh nutrient tabs.

It is surprising how much junk/sediment accumulates at the bottom of the tank.

Tonight we will have more of the red toms and I think that will use up all that are ready for eating. Not too sweet, though. I think I will let the next batch...especially the yellows ..to remain on the plants much longer to see if they will sweeten up.

5 comments:

caro said...

Amazing tomatoes!Cross fingers my megas
do ok once they start.

Unknown said...

What a site, indoor gardening, way to go. Thanks for sharing. Great photos and fun dialogue.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting the blog, Julie!

I have to get the other project up...beans.
I also go an AG3 mini and am growing an English Cottage Flower Mix.
Some day I will get it up on the blog.

Corinne

Anonymous said...

I have to AGs, I just top them up. I use municipal tapwater, so far so good.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting. If you go to the AG message board (link on sidebar, you will see a follow up of this first crop)

Corinne